Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Adventure Begins

So, here I am at the computer, sitting cross-legged on my chair in my newest set of Eeyore pajamas, thinking about how my life has changed in the last week or so.
Sunday, July 11th, we decided to pee on a stick - and thanks to our fancy digital pregnancy test, got to read "Pregnant" on the little screen. We had been pretty sure that I was preggo for a few days, so the test was only a confirmation of all that we were hoping for.

Yes, we were trying. Our little surprise wasn't really much of a surprise to us since we'd been talking about it and doing the "work" to try to make it happen. So it was almost a normal day, aside from the fact that I had several phone calls to plan on making and a few symptoms that I don't normally deal with.

Excited? Definitely.

Nervous? Yep.

Scared? Oh, yeah.

But I know that the pain and the stress and the planning and everything else that goes along with becoming a mommy is the wonderful price I am willing to pay to do my God-given duty. I will enjoy every waking (and sleeping) moment of this pregnancy, and I will thank God every day for this incredible gift that I absolutely do not deserve.

Have you ever thought about it that way?

God pulled Adam out of the muck and Eve out of his side - and He could have done it again and again and again for each and every one of us. But instead, He gave us women the amazing responsibility to carry each child within from conception to birth and beyond. He didn't have to start the rest of us out as babies - but He did. I will never say that I understand why He does as He does, but I will revel in the position He's held for me as long or as often as He sees fit.

So welcome to our crazy world, my child! Prepare your little heart now for the silly songs and big hugs and joyful laughter that is sure to follow you from now on.

And praise the good Lord that he planted you where you are going to be most loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment