Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Little Doodle-Bobber :)

Stephanie.
I never thought I could ever love an animal so much. I have always been a cat person, and have always loved all the cats that have ever crossed my path - no matter how unsociable or ugly they've been.

But this particular little ball of fluff is my best buddy. She seems to love me just as much as I love her- she's always close by, if not right on top of me.

She entered my life rather suddenly, and Kyle wasn't too happy about it at first. We had been feeding the scuzzy black stray that "came with the house" and noticed she had steadily been growing plump. I predicted her pregnancy, and just a couple weeks after, we discovered a small mass of fur under our home. When our TV and internet were being hooked up, the technicians left the crawlspace door ajar - what a gift they'd given me! I temporarily overcame my fear of small, dark, musty, bug-and-maybe-snake infested places to wiggle under there to gather my new litter.

Five adorable kittens found their way into my laundry basket, then into my garage, and eventually into my house. Locked in our spare room, they were slowly subjected to our puppies and other people. Soon, I began gathering prospective parents for my tiny adoptees - and though I still miss them, three have found their way into wonderful homes.

Yeah, I said three. Two of them - Stephanie and Charlie - just never left. I had staked my claim for Steph the day we brought them in, and I stood firm when others tried to take her home instead. And I am so glad these two goofy critters stayed.

So here's my little tribute to my "doodle-bobber" (I'll have to tell that story sometime):

Growing up so fast . . .

Snuggling with her Mommy . . .

She loves to settle in the strangest places . . .

And frequently mistakes herself for a dog . . .

But she is mine . . .

And I will love her -- no matter how many sections of door jamb have to suffer!
:)

1 comment:

  1. Love my grandkitty. Love the blog! Always a cat person is an understatement of sorts lol

    ReplyDelete